Wednesday, September 16, 2009

when life hands you lemons.....


Sometimes Life Sucks - Look for the Silver Lining



Patrick Swayze’s death - I get to watch Dirty Dancing. It is my favorite movie and it will be shown like 20 times this week. I get to say ‘nobody puts baby in a corner’ as many times as the opportunity arises without sounding obnoxious.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vciEDI3dD8I



9/11 - Those flowery, seasonal, decorative foo-foo flags have been replaced by good old fashioned Betsy Ross, 50 stars, proud to be an American flags and will stay that way until the Halloween one replaces it.

 



Kanye West - Thanks to this loser, even black men have to admit that when this brother messed up at the VMA awards it was as racist as it gets. To him the fair-haired little white girl has no business winning over the black diva Beyonce?? And just ask Jay Leno about silver linings…premier show with Kanye as his guest….rating bonanza!

 



Broadway shows close due to poor ticket sales - The theatre prices have driven all but the wealthy away…but with ticket sales down I actually stand a chance of getting an aisle seat for my husband and I so that we don’t have to watch the play comfortably instead of in a constant inhale mode.

 



Sham Wow pitchman arrested for beating up a hooker - One less hooker, one less Sham Wow commercial.

 



Rep. Joe Wilson calling Obama a liar - Proof positive that we live in a true freedom of speech society where you can call a spade a spade (no pun intended) and not be hung.



Roger Federer defeated by 6 foot 6 Juan Del Potro at the US Open - We can finally state without embarrassment that size really does matter.

 



H1N1 virus - The schools have never been cleaner. The custodial staff finally cracked open that bottle of Lysol they bought in 2003. Hopefully when schools plan trips to foreign countries…they won’t. Rent the movie Outbreak for God’s sake! Why not go somewhere here in the states? We have monuments (think Rushmore), state parks, (think Yellowstone), and beaches (think Miami, Malibu, Coney Island), oh, and don’t worry, we have plenty of foreigners for that out-of-the-country experience.

 

Closing Guantanamo Bay - “Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! We use words like Honor, Code, Loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! - Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men (I was sooo waiting for a time to use that quote)


Jacyee Duggard’s 18 years of captivity - The parole system will change. It has to. The parole officer that ‘paroled’ this psycho needs to get another job. Maybe at Taco Bell. Hopefully now sex offenders will be seen for what they are…uncontrollable and incurable. You hurt a child you go to jail and you stay there. Bubba is your new girlfriend and it is going to be a long engagement.





No comments:

Post a Comment