Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do I Love You.....?


I loved the 70’s. Everything about that decade was magic and new and exciting. When the decade began I was 15. I wasn’t a wife, a mother and certainly not a grandmother. I wore a single digit size, had perky breasts and great…good….nice abs. My life was filled with sun-kissed days, romantic starry nights, and Peter Lemongello. Peter Lemongello was the Billy Mays of album sales back then. He promoted his Mood Rock Love ‘76 album until it sold over a million copies! Go ahead Google it, I’ll wait. See told ya, and you thought I was kidding. But I am getting ahead of myself. So here I am 15, dating a 20 year old, in love with a 22 year old aspiring singer, and lusting after a 25 year old who will remain anonymous. Man was I precocious. Honestly I don’t think I even knew what lust was at that point. Each guy in his own way was noteworthy. The 20 year old had a car, long hair and my father hated him. Plus, plus, PLUS! ( I was 15 remember, your priorities are negligible.) The 23 year old had lines of pubescent girls all vying for his attention. I was never good at standing in lines, not even now at the breakfast buffet in Atlantic City. I never minded, however, being put at the front of that line by the groupie gods. The 25 year old drank Margaritas and had dinner at steak houses and bistros. He had been to places I didn’t know existed and I wanted to go with him….and take pictures. Naked. And had I, they would be on Facebook as we speak. (ok maybe not the naked ones) I was both intrigued and intimidated by him. By the time Peter’s Love ‘76 was released I had graduated high school, got married, bought a house and a dog, and had two daughters. The pregnancy had accosted my breasts and my abs and that single digit size was now doing double duty. I had married the 20 year old, followed the 23 year olds career til he all but fell off the face of the earth (more often known as moved to Florida) and I still remain friends with the 25 year old who I no longer lust after….too much. Peter is still in my life. He asks me time and time again as I play his Love ‘76 album….Do I Love You, don’t you know by now…Do I love You must I show you how?…..Does he really want me to answer that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLqhduumlgI

No comments:

Post a Comment