Sunday, August 2, 2009

...sometimes a poet

Up in front was a guy that was eating,
He held his Big Mac with both hands,
He steered with his knees I’m presuming,
At least I was hoping he can.

A muscle car flies by my window,
The right lane, the left, then the right,
He had to be going like 90,
I thought as he flew out of sight.

To the right was a girl with a puppy,
On her lap the dog started to foam,
It looked like the dog had to vomit,
She should have just left Fido home.

Behind me a mini van rumbled,
Overloaded with too many boys,
The radio rattled the windows,
Is it legal to drive with that noise?

The old lady there in the Chevy,
Who obviously no one had told,
You can’t just be driving on parkways,
When you’re 111 years old.

Young love is always romantic,
It’s charming without a doubt,
But how do they watch where their going,
When constantly their making out?

But me, I pick up my cell phone,
Where is it that they draw the line?
When out of the blue here comes sirens,
To issue a ticket and fine.

And then to add insult to injury,
I just cant describe how I felt,
When the cop started writing 2 tickets,
The other for wearing no belt.

As I sat in my car like a moron,
Recalling the cars I had passed,
I’m sure that tomorrow’ll be different,
I’ve figured it out at last.

As I speed thru the take out McDonalds,
With my radio screaming out loud,
My dog and my girlfriend caressing,
No more tickets for me I have vowed

No comments:

Post a Comment